Wednesday 27 January 2016

High School Chums!

January 24, 2016, I have to meet my High School friends for casual lunch today. I love my "kababata" as they are always in my heart. I always value my friendship with them, "Ibang iba talaga ang may pinagsamahan."

My younger days was truly full of wonderful memories and it fills my memory box with lots of joy just remembering them. My grateful heart will always be thankful to God for this kind of love and friendship He gave to us to each one of us. For almost 37 years of friendship since High School graduation, we hardly see each other at all. Different paths made us wide apart and yet God has made a way for us to come closer again.

Arriving a bit early gave me time in a having a tete a tete with a group. The food was truly a feast that everyone enjoyed it. No pork, No beef. All seafood and veggies only truly safe for every one of our age.

Indeed, simple & perfect good friends never forget, the sweetest smile from the heart and friendship never fades. We are normal boys and girls who love to laugh and share awesome memories of the past. I love each one of them for their pure and genuine laughter. NO IFS NO BUTS JUST LAUGH TO YOUR HEART.

For a moment I realized that everyone is not anymore getting any younger, this experience made me feel more grateful to God Almighty because we still have each other, strong and in good health. When true love and concern is there, it will always be there.

The Gents are quietly losing their hair, while the Ladies are gaining bellies and yet still looks pretty. Almost all of us are pulling our reading glasses and showing photos of our families and how successful and beautiful they are and some have already grandchildren. We got new fine lines and more gray hair which are not big deal at all because we understand the fact that aging is an inevitable part of life. Truly, we are all grateful to God for living our lives to it's fullest. To God be the glory.

How wonderful for us to start the year counting our blessings with priceless treasures we've earned all these years.

My High School Chums!
Theresa, Greg, Eve, Tina, Elvie, Celso, Irma, Dexie, and Elnora 

Few of my favourites!

It's nice to be happy! 

Talaba!

No pork, No beef. 

All seafood and veggies only truly safe for every one of our age. 

Casual lunch is more fun with "Harana Boys"

Waiting for our delicious chocolate cake!
Cake courtesy of Elnora. 

We could not stop playing at times!
We don't have to have anything in common with people we've known since were younger. 
With old friends, we've got our whole life in common.

All are happy after having their cake.

I could not hold myself not to laugh with those pips at my back. Hahaha!
Now I understand why Elnora bought this chocolate cake. Hahaha!

The best and most unique smile of the day! 

You all made this day truly blessed
and sweet for each and every one of us.
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of friendship and togetherness.

Spinning Shot (Full)
(YouTube Video)

Spinning Shot (cut)

City of Dreams
(YouTube Video)

Happy Lunch at Shylin Restaurant
(YouTube Video)

Copyright © Sol Albar 2016 All Rights Reserved.
No part of this document may be reproduced without written consent from the owner.