Saturday 16 January 2016

Viva Sto Niño De Pandacan

June 11, 2015 I went to Santo Niño Parish Church in Pandacan to get my Baptismal Certificate. It was a cool and blessed afternoon for me to consider how lucky I was to have chance to visit my High School friend and classmate Towie and Genaro who lives nearby the church and joined me all throughout the afternoon.

In a while, I had a chance to have a little conversation with Aling Nonie (Mom of my friend) who hardly remember me then. After a while, I got my certificate on my hand and ready to leave the patio when I suddenly felt to see Santo Nino inside the church. Luckily Aling Nonie knew the church caretaker (I only knew him as Negro/Ferdie former Barangay Kagawad in the area.) and offered me to see the original image on the private chapel. To my surprise I thought it was just a joke. I asked repeatedly, Kuya are you sure it will be alright for me to go inside the private chapel and see the original Santo Nino image? Without a doubt he said yes, you can come with me now and we will go to the private chapel. While we're going up stairs I silently thank God with a grateful heart. Aling Nonie told me it will be her 1st time too.

It was the 1st time in my life to see the original image of Miraculous Santo Niño De Pandacan from the day I was born 6th of September and baptized 19th of September. Dito rin ako sa simbahang ito nag 1st communion, habang lumalaki na ako it was only Msgr. Guillermo Mendoza our parish priest ang kilala ko. After Holy mass all children will run near the altar for his final blessing.

Inside the private chapel I kneel and pray and felt the message. I ask Kuya if it's alright for me to take pictures and if I can touch Santo Niño image? Kuya was so generous to trust me, he also offered me he could take a souvenir shot of me with 303 years old Miraculous Santo Niño image. Right after, he ask me to check the pictures, because there are times that the pictures doesn't appear the Sto. Nino image clearly and sometimes none at all to recognize the image. They don't know the reasons why, yet they believe that the Santo Nino has a reason.

I suddenly remember a short story about Pandacan history in one article i've read long time ago. That it's the patron saved the town from being crushed by Spanish colonial troops in the late 18th century. This Sto Niño De Pandacan's spectacular tales of the miracles wrought by the Holy Child in other parts of the country, including another old Manila district to the north, Tondo and Cebu.

"Parish priest Fr. Lazaro Abaco believes that after being unknown and “hidden” for hundreds of years, the Sto. Niño de Pandacan will rise and begin to “do its public ministry” "

PANALANGIN SA SANTO NIÑO DE PANDACAN:
(Hango sa Filipos 2:6-11)

O Banal na Niño Jesus, Bagamat ikaw ay Diyos, Hindi ka nagpilit na manatiling kapantay ng Diyos, Bagkus hinubad mo ang lahat ng katangian ng pagka-Diyos, Nagkatawang-tao ka at namuhay na isang alipin. Nang maging tao, ikaw ay nagpakababa at naging masunurin hanggang kamatayan, Oo, hanggang kamatayan sa krus. Kaya naman, ikaw ay itinampok ng Diyos At binigyan ng pangalang higit sa lahat ng pangalan. Anupa’t ang lahat ng nilalang na nasa langit, nasa lupa, At nasa ilalim ng lupa ay maninikluhod at sasamba sa iyo. At ipapahayag ng lahat na si HESUKRISTO ANG PANGINOON, Sa ikararangal ng Diyos Ama. Amen.

The original image of Miraculous Santo Niño De Pandacan
Photo taken: June 11, 2015 By Sol Albar

The original image of Miraculous Santo Niño De Pandacan, since 1712
Photo was taken 11th of June 2015 by Sol Albar

Inside the private chapel I saw the amazing original image for the 1st time.
The original image of Miraculous Santo Niño De Pandacan, Since 1712
Photo was taken 11th of June 2015 by Sol Albar

The 1st time for me to touch the original image of
Miraculous Santo Niño De Pandacan.
Photo was taken 11th of June 2015 by Sol Albar

The Main Altar of Pandacan Parish Church and the
site of the new location of well near the original site where
the Santo Nino image was found in 1712
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

The original site of well where the original image of Miraculous Santo Nino was found in 1712
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

Beautiful interior and exterior of Santo Nino Parish Church in Pandacan.
The faithful at the Feast of Santo Niño De Pandacan.
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

I love seeing these things around the church patio. My all time favorite colorful "Maya" birds.
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

My favorite take home native foods.
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

Happily watching the traditional procession of Santo Nino and catholic saints.
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

The faithful and her Santo Nino De Pandacan replica.
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

Albar Replica image of
Miraculous Santo Nino De Providencia
will meet Original image of
Miraculous Santo Nino De Pandacan.

Reunion with the original image of Miraculous Santo Nino after 6 months.
This Photo was taken 17th of January 2016 by Sol Albar

Princess Sol Diaries
By Sol Albar ©2015