Monday 17 December 2012

Araneta Center

A very cool, refreshing and joyful Sunday field trip from South to North Bound going to Araneta Center to meet with, my high school friend.

Araneta Center is a commercial area in Quezon City, Philippines, owned by the Araneta family, brings in an estimated 1 million visitors daily. The centerpiece of the complex is the Smart Araneta Coliseum, the largest entertainment venue in Asia. It opened as the world’s biggest indoor arena in 1960.

The first time I entered Araneta Coliseum was when I was less than seven years old. We watched the Walt Disney Show. I love Bambi, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, all of them. My favorite was Bambi.

9:00 AM

The weather was cool and I truly enjoyed the festive yuletide atmosphere. Suddenly I remember my younger years with my family while going around. I remember the very spacious lots long time ago and now I almost  seldom seen an open space, all are full of tall buildings and I can't hardly noticed many old familiar places, but I can still felt the joy remembering my family Christmas day out after visiting the Stella Maris Convent. 

At night, we usually spent a little more time in the street while waiting for the famous COD Christmas presentation. While waiting you can buy your colorful sweet popcorn and cotton candies around. 

"The Palasebo" I still remember my father would carry me on his shoulder so I could see the show in a better view and I really enjoyed watching the moving mannequins. 

Being early was always an advantage. I was able to check some old familiar and favorite places during my childhood. I visited the Stella Maris in the nearby area. 

A glimpse shot of Stella Maris Convent
 Garden of St Francis.

The Stella Maris Chapel will always be my favorite.
I still vividly remember the nice altar's mural painting.

Celebrating the third week of Advent
over a simple breakfast at McCafe McDonald
with my High school classmate.

Nativity Display in-front of Farmer's Market

The Farmer's Garden

The Farmer's Market

The Famous Fruit stand at Farmer's Market

The Famous Fruit stand at Farmer's Market

The Famous Flower shop at Farmer's Market

The Famous Flower shop at Farmer's Market