Friday 19 October 2012

Ms. Josie Natori Fashion Icon at The Manila FAME 2012

I really admire Ms Natori with her simplicity, classy and being composed, I love the success story of Ms Natori, her story truly inspire me in a many ways even at my very young age. Natori Collection is one of my favorite, the products are all really nice and good.

How many times in the past that I truly wish to meet Ms Josie Natori. One day i was at the Manila Fame looking for accessories, believed me, she is beside me? "Pareho kaming namimili ng accessories at nagulat ako na sa pag taas ng ulo ko at mapa harap sa kanya, lumundag ang heart ko, medyo dumb pounded at sa mga ngiti naming dalawa ay nasambit ko ng may buong paniniwala. "Ms Natori?" and she said with her nice and kind smile " Yes, I am." and in my heart, I can feel ang saya saya ko. My dream come true. I finally met magnificent Ms Josie Natori by herself at the Manila Fame 2012 and it was truly a very nice moment to remember us in this picture. 

“I have always believed there are no boundaries,” 
~ Josie Natori ~

Ms Josie Natori and Sol Albar
At the Manila Fame 2012

Ms. Josie Natori, is a Filipina fashion designer and the CEO and founder of The Natori Company. Natori served as a commissioner on the White House Conference on Small Business. In March 2007 she was awarded the Order of Lakandula, one of the highest civilian awards in the Philippines. In April, 2007, Natori received the "Peopling of America" Award from the Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Foundation.

Josefina Almeda Cruz was born in the Philippines in 1947. Her mother is Angelita Cruz. She was raised in a close-knit Filipino family, as one of six siblings. Her first love was the piano, and she performed solo with the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra at the age of nine.

Natori moved to the United States in 1964 to attend Manhattanville College. After graduating, she worked at Merrill Lynch, where she rose the ranks to become the first female Vice President in Investment Banking. On Wall Street, she also met her husband Ken Natori, who served as a Managing Director of Shearson Lehman. The couple married in 1972.